Thursday, August 28, 2008

Electrolux Assistent (DLX 2000 Mixer ) review

Electrolux Assistent (DLX 2000) N24-N26 220V model 700W
Their spelling, not mine.

These are my thoughts, make your own judgments, pay attention to all safety instructions and follow all operating instructions provided by the manufacturer.

Pro’s

Great mixer, no reservations.

Many attachments available on line.

Electrolux DLX 2000 Mixer

Here is some of the things I learned trying to use my new mixer.

Basically, throw away the instruction manual, about the only thing I found it might be good for is toilet paper, but I think it might be too slick. There is two parts that have to be assembled to use the mixer, the scraper which just slips into a hole. No problem with me doing that, matter of fact I tried doing it with my eyes closed, and again no problems. Next is installing the roller, holding roller in one hand, pulling over the spring loaded arm with the other hand and pushing a large “pin” into the roller. It’s easier than it sounds.

Bread Dough’s

The book tells you to set the distance between the roller and the mixer bowl based on number of cups of flour used. Just pull the roller somewhere between ½ and 1” from the edge of the bowl and tighten set screw, simple believe me. Add your liquid, then add the dry mixture holding back about ½-3/4 cups. There is an “on” position, and beyond that it becomes a timer. I just use the “on”. This generally will leave some flour in the center of the bowl; just pull the spring loaded arm back to the center of the bowl and it will incorporate the dry mixture into the rest of the dough. I feel the dough as to stickiness and add remainder to adjust. Just let it go and you will wind up with perfectly kneaded dough. And I do mean Perfect. On the average it takes about 5 min. to complete, using less than 7 cups of flour. (Remember I eating most of this stuff as my wife is not a bread eater) As the dough is kneaded, it is turned by the scraper, and the friction of the rotating bowl, so it squeezes the dough by spring loaded actions to achieve that perfect kneaded dough. As the dough is kneading, the spring loaded arm will swing quite a bit, don't get all shook up, it supposed to move.

Creaming and other mixer uses.

Just let the roller run against the bowl (there is a rubber lined grove for this reason) to cream butter and sugars, I use high speed as a slower speed takes longer to complete. I drop the eggs into the creamed mixture one at a time, along with all the other liquids, and then add the dry ingredients. It doesn’t break up the chocolate chips, nuts or what ever.

Whipped Egg Whites

A special bowl is included for this purpose, but I find it does just fine using the roller and scraper as per above.

Con’s

Awful instruction manual, worthless to say the least.

No dealer's available in the Philippines.

I plan in the near future to make a short video to show several functions.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking time to write a review. Based upon yours and a couple of others, I just ordered one!

Barry